Nested tables get cut off when row breaks across pages for merged cell after DOCX to PDF conversion using Java

Converting .docx to .pdf cuts off (or loses) table cell content when the cell breaks across pages. I have seen this in two cases, but they seem like they could be the same problem. I am using Aspose.Words for .NET version 19.3.0

Case 1: Nested tables get cut off when the row breaks across pages when the table is in a merged cell. The cutoff seems to occur where the first cell in the second column ends.

The issue is at the page breaks where content gets cut off. In one case the text is cut off (page 1 - page 2) and in the other the image is (page 2 - page 3).

To do the conversion, I am just loading the document and saving as pdf:
Document doc = new Document(“Case1_NestedTables.docx”);
doc.save(“Case1_NestedTables_Aspose.pdf”);

I have included my input document and the output I am getting from Aspose. I have also included the file “Case1_NestedTables_Word.pdf” which is the result using Word directly to produce the PDF.
Case1.zip (394.3 KB)

Case 2: Text that is center aligned vertically gets cut off or goes missing when the row breaks accross pages.

The issue is at the page breaks where content gets cut off (page 1 - page 2) or is missing entirely (page 2 - page 3). If you highlight the empty space under the table at the bottom of page 2 you can see the content is outside of the table.

To do the conversion, I am just loading the document and saving as pdf:
Document doc = new Document(“Case2_AlignedText.docx”);
doc.save(“Case2_AlignedText_Aspose.pdf”);

I have included my input document and the output I am getting from Aspose. I have also included the file “Case2_AlignedText_Word.pdf” which is the result using Word directly to produce the PDF.
Case2.zip (395.4 KB)

@bmentzer

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issues at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged these problems in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once these issues are resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issue ID is WORDSNET-18284.

The issue ID is WORDSNET-18285.

Is there any update on a possible resolution to these issues? This is very blocking with no work around as the document’s content is lost.

@bmentzer

We regret to share with you that the implementation of your issues have been postponed (no estimate is available at the moment). We will inform you via this thread as soon as these issues are resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-18284,WORDSNET-18285) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.9 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.9 update.