.Net Aspose.Pdf not drawing XSL-FO table elements properly

The following XSL-FO section is not being rendered properly by Aspose.Pdf PdfGenerator.BindFO(xmlStream, xsltStream)

It is rendering the content but it isn’t rendering the table borders and thus the content is not being held in inside the table bounds.

How can I make the table render with borders and format the content properly?

This is the resulting xml from the xslt:

<fo:table width=“100%” table-layout=“fixed”>
<fo:table-column column-width=“3in” />
<fo:table-column column-width=“4in” />
<fo:table-cell border-width=“1px” border-style=“solid” padding-right=“2px” padding-left=“2px”>
<fo:block text-align=“right” font-weight=“bold”>Site:</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
<fo:table-cell border-width=“1px” border-style=“solid” padding-right=“2px” padding-left=“2px”>
<fo:block id=“59327”>CEC #1</fo:block>
</fo:table-row>
<fo:block text-align=“right” font-weight=“bold”>Subject Identifier:</fo:block>
<fo:block id=“138951”>001</fo:block>
<fo:block text-align=“right” font-weight=“bold”>Status:</fo:block>
fo:blockEnrolled</fo:block>
<fo:block text-align=“right” font-weight=“bold”>Timezone:</fo:block>
fo:blockPacific Standard Time</fo:block>
</fo:table-body>
</fo:table>

Hi Dyami,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tried replicating the issue where I have used the attached XSL-FO file (based on contents which you have shared above) and as per my observations, the resultant file being generated is blank.

Can you please share the complete resource files and code snippet which you are using so that we can again try replicating this problem at our end. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

[C#]

//Create
pdf document
<o:p></o:p>

Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf pdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf();

// Bind FO document with Pdf object

pdf.BindFO(@"c:/pdftest/sample.fo");

// save the PDF document

pdf.Save(@"c:/pdftest/sampleFOFile.pdf");

The original piece of XSL-FO was a snippet to give an example of what would be the resulting fo file and was not intended to be used directly.

I’m currently using BindFo, attached is the xslt, the xml, and the resulting file from Aspose.Pdf. You will note that none of the tables are rendering with borders and that the cell contents are sometimes not being rendered where they should be.

The example attached is a more complete example of the missing table borders.

Hi Dyami,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. While testing the scenario with the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.3.0, we have managed to reproduce the reported issue and logged it in our bug tracking system as PDFNEWNET-37165 for further investigation and resolution. We will notify you via this thread as soon as it is resolved.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

Is there an ETA on when this bug will be addressed and if I will be given an updated version of the dll? Currently this bug is blocking a critical feature in my product.

Sincerely,

-Dyami Chiasson

Hi Dyami,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid as we have logged the issue recently, it is pending for investigation in the queue with other priority task. As soon as its investigation is completed then we will be in a good position to share an ETA with you.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

Has this issue been fixed in the 9.4 version of Aspose.PDF.dll?

Sincerely,

-Dyami Chiasson

It appears that newer version does not fix the issue. An ETA is really important at this point. This issue has a very large impact on several of my clients and will determine whether or not we will sink the time to generate the PDFs through a different method.

Hi Dyami,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.4.0 does not contain fix for your issue as we have recently logged your issue and it is still pending for investigation. Furthermore, we have recorded your concern and requested our development team to investigate the issue and share an ETA at their earliest. As soon as we get a feedback, we will notify you.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,