.Net Client Profile 4.0 with Aspose.Words - VS2010 thinks it's not Client Profile

I’m having trouble adding the Aspose.Words dll to my Client Profile 4.0 project.

I got the assembly from the “.net3.5_ClientProfile” folder of the Aspose Words download.

According to all the (excellent) documentation, this dll is definitely Client Profile. Any idea of the cause of the weirdness?

VS 2010 warning:
The referenced assembly “Aspose.Words, Version=9.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56, processorArchitecture=MSIL” could not be resolved because it has a dependency on “System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a” which is not in the currently targeted framework “.NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client”. Please remove references to assemblies not in the targeted framework or consider retargeting your project.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. I can successfully add reference to Aspose.Words in application with .NET 4.0 Client profile. Could you please specify what kind of application you are working with?
Best regards,

Hi Alexey,

I encounter the problem even when starting a brand new project.

I have attached a zip a project in which the warning appears for me.

This one is a WPF client application.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I still cannot reproduce the problem on my side. Which version of Aspose.Words do you use? Have you tried using the latest version? You can download it from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Also, could you please attach a screenshot of the warning?
Best regards,

Alexey,
I’m using Aspose.Words version 9.5 - you can see it in the screenshot I have attached.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
By the way since it is just a warning you can still build and run your application.
Best regards,

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for logging the issue.

Although VS 2010 reports it as a warning, it does mean I can’t use the Aspose.Words assembly at all in an application targeting the Client Profile runtime. Try it - you will find you cannot reference any types in the Aspose.Words namespace.

Nick

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. I cannot compile the project only if I reference Aspose.Words .NET 2.0 client profile. If I add reference to Aspose.Words .NET 3.5 client profile –all works fine on my side.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4131) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.