[.Net] Content controls inside of table

Hi,

I was testing the PDF conversion of a document which contains content controls. I noticed that most of the controls (like text input, dropdown) do not work if they are inside a table. I attached you an example document with contains fields inside a table and outside a table.
When you open the generated PDF with Chrome or Firefox, the controls inside the table cannot be edited.

var doc = new Document(@"S:\Fields.docx");
            var pso = new PdfSaveOptions {PreserveFormFields = true};

doc.Save(@"S:\Fields.pdf", pso);

data.zip (57.1 KB)

Kind Regards,
Daniel

@Serraniel

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-18580. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@Serraniel

It is to inform you that the issue which you are facing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we have closed this issue (WORDSNET-18580) as ‘Not a Bug’.

Please note that general content such as multiple paragraphs of text, nested tables, nested content controls cannot be saved to PDF as interactive forms. Interactive forms in PDF could be only textboxes (single- or multi-line), choice (dropdown) fields and buttons (checkboxes, radiobuttons and pushbuttons).

So, there is no way to represent such content in PDF as editable.

Hi,

so this field types should work inside the table, too, shouldn´t they? In the attached PDF you can see that those fields are correctly editable outside the table but aren´t inside the table. Only field that is working inside the table is the checkbox. Is this correct behaviour?

Kind Regards,
Daniel

@Serraniel

We suggest you please read the following article about Aspose.Words’ document object model.
Aspose.Words Document Object Model

The content control is block level node in the table. It is child node of table’s cell. This is the reason it is not exported as editable field.