.NET Core Save PDF

Hi Guys,

I use Aspose.PDF under .NET Core.
When I test the following code under .NET 45 it works perfectly.

var pdfDoc = new Document(new MemoryStream(AsposeTest.Properties.Resources.DemoPDF));
pdfDoc.Save(Path.Combine(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory, "result.pptx"),
Aspose.Pdf.SaveFormat.Pptx);

Under .NET Core I get the following error message:

Cannot find resource ‘Aspose.Pdf.Xslt.Core.xslt’.

A nuget “Aspose.Pdf.Xslt.Core” does not exist.
I use the current version Aspose.PDF 18.9.0

Thank you for your support.

@moosbart

Please try converting PDF to PPTX using PptxSaveOptions as follows:

Aspose.Pdf.PptxSaveOptions saveOptions = new Aspose.Pdf.PptxSaveOptions();
doc.Save("result.pptx", saveOptions);

In case you still face any issue, please share your sample PDF document with us. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Hi,
I have tested the scenario with the pptx options, but the result is the same.
Here my Code:

var pdfDoc = new Document(new MemoryStream(AsposeTest.Properties.Resources.DemoPDF));
var options = new PptxSaveOptions();
pdfDoc.Save(Path.Combine(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory, "result.pptx"), options);

You can use every PDF file, but I have attached my demo pdf file.
Demo.pdf (178.5 KB)
It doesn’t matter if you load it via stream or file path.

Thank you for your support.

@moosbart

We were able to replicate the issue in our environment and logged it as PDFNET-45349 in our issue tracking system. We will further investigate the issue in details and keep you posted with the status of its rectification. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,
Do you already know when you will find a solution for this scenario?
We have already bought a total license. And would like to use these.
Thank you.

@moosbart

Thanks for your inquiry.

I am afraid that earlier logged issue is not yet resolved due to other pending issues in the queue. Please note that the issue was logged under free support model and has low priority. It will be resolved on first come first serve basis. However, we have started its investigation and will definitely consider your concerns while resolving it. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Hi,
do you already have new knowledge about this problem?
Thanks for the support.

@moosbart

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please note that the investigation against your issue has already been started, however, due to previously logged high priority issue, it could not be completed. We will definitely let you know once a significant progress is made towards resolution of the issue. Please spare us little time.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-45349) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.11.

hi Guys
Unfortunately, I have not noticed that here have released a new version 18.12.
I’ve tested the current version now under Ubuntu and yes it comes out a PPTX but only text and no pictures or lines.
Can you please look again what’s wrong.
I attached an example and a screenshot.

AsposePDF2Powerpoint.zip (395.0 KB)
grafik.png (73.9 KB)

Thank you.

@moosbart

Thanks for getting back to us.

We have checked the files shared by you and could not notice any issue. The PPTX document was displayed correctly in our environment with MS PowerPoint 2016PPTX_Output.png (80.7 KB). Would you please try to open the output file in different machine or environment. In case you face any issue please share your the MS Office version which you are using. We will again test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Hi,
so on Windows it works fine.
When I run it on Ubuntu (linux) only text comes out.
Here’s my data.
Result File: ResultFile.zip (37.9 KB)
Input File: TestDoc.pdf (52.1 KB)
and the screenshot with the warning messages from xslt.
grafik.png (52.0 KB)
Can you better understand with this information where the problem is.
MS Office is not installed on the ubuntu system.

Thanks for your support.

@moosbart

Thanks for getting back to us.

We have checked your file while viewing it in Linux (Ubuntu) and noticed that only text was displaying there. However, the file which was generated at our side 18.12.zip (37.0 KB) was showing correctly in the same environment i.e. Linux (Ubuntu) TextAndImages.png (112.8 KB). Would you please try to generate PPTX with applying a valid license in your environment and in case you still face any issue, please share your environment details (Linux version) with us.

Hi,
i have tested with a valid lisence (Aspose 19.1.0).
The result is the same behavior in Linux, no images in the pptx file.
Do you already have new news for this problem?
thank you for your support.

@moosbart

Thanks for writing back.

While testing the scenario again in our environment, we faced DirectoryNotFoundException for fonts directory. It seemed API is not loading all fonts installed in the machine. We have logged this issue as PDFNET-45925 in our issue tracking system for detailed investigation. As soon as the issue is resolved, we will surely inform you with our findings about your scenario. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Hi,
I come back now again to the topic PDF 2 Powerpoint in Docker.
When I convert the PDF to Powerpiont, with the current version, only the text comes out, but no graphics.
Can you look again why no graphics come out?
Here my screenshot with the warnings, the input PDF and the result file.
Test.zip (158.9 KB)

Thanks for your support.

@moosbart

An investigation ticket as PDFNET-46382 has been logged in our issue tracking system for this issue. We will investigate the reasons behind this issue and keep you informed with the status of ticket resolution. Please be patient and spare us little time.