.NET DOCX to HTML: Incorrect indentation in some browsers

Hi,

I’m having an issue using Aspose.Words for .NET 18.8 to convert a DOCX file to HTML. Please see the attachments for a minimal repro and the output I’m receiving.

The indentation on the three numbered paragraphs is consistent when viewing the DOCX file in MS Word but inconsistent when viewing the HTML file in Chrome (see output.png).

Thanks for any assistance.

AsposeWordsRepro.zip (20.6 KB)
output.zip (1.3 KB)
output.png (4.6 KB)

@ecasey,

Thanks for your inquiry. For the sake of any correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-17349. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of this issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello, could you please provide an update on this issue? Why is the status marked as Postponed?

@ecasey,

I am afraid, the implementation of WORDSNET-17349 has been postponed till a later date and there is no ETA (time frame) available at the moment. We are currently working on investigating the best possible way to fix this issue.

Paragraphs in the source document are justified and paragraphs in the resulting HTML document have the “text-align:justify” style, which affects whitespace between list numbers and text. Same effect appears in HTML documents generated by MS Word. Currently, we do not see a good way to improve exiting logic to export justified list items properly.

We apologize for your inconvenience.