Never ending PDF reading

Hi,

when I use ‘new PdfFileInfo(filePath)’ code on the attached file it hangs and never goes below that lines. Please help! We’re using v10.4.0.

Thanks,
Mariusz

Hi Mariusz,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested the scenario using following code snippet with Aspose.Pdf for Java 10.6.1 in Eclipse Juno application with JDK 1.7 running over Windows 7 (64) and I am unable to notice any issue. As per my observations, I am able to get page count information.

Can you please try using the latest release and in case you still face the same issue, please share some details regarding your working environment. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

[C#]

com.aspose.pdf.facades.PdfFileInfo
info = new
com.aspose.pdf.facades.PdfFileInfo();<o:p></o:p>

info.bindPdf("c:/pdftest/PDF+1.6.pdf");

System.out.println(info.getNumberOfPages());

I’ve just tested v10.6.1 on Mac with Java 1.8 and it still hangs.

Thanks,
Mariusz

I can confirm it works correctly on Windows, but not on Mac, so I guess on Linux there is the same issue. Can you confirm whether it works on Linux?

Thanks,
Mariusz

It looks like it runs fine on Tomcat, but when I run it from Eclipse on Jetty it hangs.

Hi Mariusz,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for Java 10.6.1 in console application running over MAC OS X 10.1.0 (Yosemite) where I have JDK 1.8.0_60 configured and I am unable to notice any issue when trying to get page count information of earlier shared document. I have also attached an image showing my code snippet and console output.

Can you please confirm if you are only getting the issue when using code in Jetty or its also appearing in console application. We are sorry for this inconvenience.