New 3.7 produces Word docs that crash word

All docs (so far) created with the new 3.7 crashes my Word 2002 SP3 (10.6754.6735) on Windows 2K Server. I’ve attached an example doc that was generated.

With the same code and data, but reverting back to 3.6.1.0 produces a working document (attached).

Thanks for reporting this problem to us. I have reproduced it and logged to our defect base as issue #1098. We will try to fix it as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Please attach several documents represented in two versions - generated with previous version of Aspose.Words and with the new one. It will help us to fix the problem quickly.

Best regards,

I have attached a document in the previous post - one for each version. Are you saying you need more?

Also, I would like to know the nature of the bug so that I can better evaluate the stability of 3.7 and decide whether to deploy the newer version.

The attached document is unfortunately too big. If you can please provide the smallest document possible. It will allow us to locate the bug faster.

All our version releases are thoroughly tested. In fact they pass more than a thousand tests before being published. But still sometimes unpleasant things happen. In this case I believe we will be able to fix this bug soon enough.

<A href="</A></P> <P> </P>

I’ve created 2 smaller files. Attached.

and from v3.6.1

This does not seem to be a widespread problem. All documents that we produce in our tests open in all versions of MS Word okay.

How do you produce your files, do you have some template DOC or you create the file completely programmatically? If you have a template document, I need it.

The point is I can rollback some changes that we made to the binary writer between 3.6.1 and 3.7, but all I can produce so far are valid documents.

We use the attached template doc with DocumentBuilder...

We have released the hotfix. Please check if the documents are generated correctly now.

Best regards,