New PDF Rendering Engine

Hi Alexey,

thanks for your response. Do you have a rough time estimation for the fixes? I’ll have to skip the update for the PPT component otherwise.

BR, Martin

I hope it will be available on this week.

Hi,

any updates? Thank you for your information.

BR,

Martin

We are preparing release. It will be available for download in a few hours.

I noticed something about PDF generation? If I set a from and to transparency on a fill it is rendered as opaque.

Is this something that will be improved?

Thanks,
JP

Hello,

It will be implemented but later after fixing all current rendering problems.
I have added it to our to-do list.

Hi Alexey,

any updates?

Besides that we found a PPT that consists of many graphics and its size is ~2.2 MB. When we try to convert this document we constantly get an OutOfMemoryException using “SaveToPdf”. I cannot send you this specific presentation as it is a customer’s one. Here is the call stack:

at cz.q()
at j9.a(cz A_0)
at a8.a(cz A_0, PointF A_1, SizeF A_2)
at ls.a(ji A_0)
at j9.a(bx A_0, ji A_1)
at j9.b(ji A_0)
at k.a(ji A_0)
at jn.a(ji A_0)
at o1.d()
at gu.a()
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation.SaveToPdf(Stream stream, Int32[] slides)

Are there any known problem with large files?

BR, Martin

Hello Martin,

Please check attached new 2.9.3 hot fix.
- fixed problem with fonts.
- reduced memory use on rendering large emf/wmf metafiles.

Additional fix to reduce memory use on rendering large images.

Hi,

do you plan to increase the picture quality of the PPT->PDF conversion, because the converted pictures have a bad quality. I’ll send you some examples that are converted by Aspose and by Adobe Distiller (default settings) for comparison.

Br, Martin

Please try the Aspose.Slides
for .NET 2.9.4.2968

Hi,

this version does not help increasing the image quality. Any other suggestions? Right now one of our customers - who wants to use the conversion heavily - is very unhappy right now as this functionality is unusable for him.

Br,

Martin

Dear Martin,

The development team is already working on it and you will get this feature by the end of this week or next week.

Dear Martin,

We have published a new version with improved images quality. We are still working on it and going to improve it little more.

Please see this post.

Aspose.Slides version is also attached at that post. Here is a direct link for downloading it.

Hi Shakeel,

thanks for your help but I think you’re heading in the wrong direction.

I tried to use the latest version but its memory consumption is unbelievable high and I get an OutOfMemoryException pretty soon (its very slow too). It seems that you are processing the whole images in memory which is not so good. Bad enough if there’s 1 conversion but we have a server solution which is able of receiving lots of parallel requests.

So this is of no use for us right now.

I really hope you can improve on the Slides-component.

Br, Martin

Hi,

any news?

Br, Martin

Hello Martin,

There is no update for pdf rendering yet but we are working on improving images quality and minimization of memory use. By rough estimations there can be 2-3 times memory and speed optimization in future versions.

Hi Alexey,

what’s the time frame for a version with good image quality and low memory consumption?

Br, Martin

Dear Martin,

It is not possible to give you any exact time frame. We need at least 2-3 months and it can take even longer.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 6461) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.