New User Question

I have purchased and downloaded and installed the Apose.slides 5.4 product.

In the instructions it says to right click and add a new reference and the aspose.slides will appear in the .NET tab.

This is not the case. I have rebooted computer since doing this.

When I manually go and add the reference using the browse option, it puts the Aspose.Slides.dll in a Bin folder, not a references folder.

And when I try and run the “hello world” tutorial, it errors asking if I am missing an assembly or reference.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, when I try and run the Apsose.Slide.WF.Template sample program, I get the following error:

Can’t assign string which contains paragraph break character

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif ">

<b> Description: </b>An unhandled exception occurred during 

the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace
for more information about the error and where it originated in the
code.

<br><br>

<b> Exception Details: </b>Aspose.Slides.PptException: Can't assign string which contains paragraph break character<br><br>

<b>Source Error:</b> <br><br>

<table bgcolor="#ffffcc" width="100%">
           <tbody><tr>
              <td>
                  <code></code><pre>Line 81:                                     break;

Line 82: case 2:
Line 83: th.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].Text = “With Aspose.Slides you can:\rChange standard text placeholders as well as custom text frames.”;
Line 84: break;
Line 85: case 3:

</td>
           </tr>
        </tbody></table>

<br>

<b> Source File: </b> D:\a Web Development\temp\Featured Demos\WebForms\Template\Default.aspx.cs<b>    Line: </b> 83
        <br></font><br>

Hi Julie,

Please share the project code with us so that we may investigate and help you further. You need to import the references of Aspose.Slides like other components. Using following import references will help you.

using Aspose.Slides;

//using Aspose.Slides.Pptx.Charts;

using Aspose.Slides.Pptx;

//using Aspose.Slides.Pptx.Animation;

using Aspose.Slides.Export;

Thanks and Regards,