No Calendar Events came when converted an ICS file to pdf

Hi,

Please find the attached ics file in the zip archive. I found the below code in your site to convert an .ICS file pdf.

var appointment = Appointment.Load(converterSettings.InputFileLocation);
var outlookMsg = new MailMessage();
outlookMsg.AddAlternateView(appointment.RequestApointment());

var mhtmlMemoryStream = new MemoryStream();

outlookMsg.Save(mhtmlMemoryStream, SaveOptions.DefaultMhtml);
mhtmlMemoryStream.Flush();
var wordDocument = new Document(mhtmlMemoryStream);

var pdfMemoryStream = new MemoryStream();
wordDocument.Save(pdfMemoryStream, SaveFormat.Pdf);
pdfMemoryStream.Flush();
_impersonatedFile.SaveFileToDestination(converterSettings.OutputFileLocation, pdfMemoryStream.ToArray());
pdfMemoryStream.Close();
mhtmlMemoryStream.Close();
But No events were came when I converted to pdf. If possible you guys can convert for me a pdf file and send me the result. Since I am evaluating the Aspose we may take a decision on seeing the converted results.

Thanks & Regards,
N.Murali Krishna.

Hi Murali,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

I have used your sample ICS in the above mentioned code and observed the same output as mentioned by you. An investigation ticket has been logged under Id:EMAILNET-34832 for further analysis by the product team to render the calendar events in the output Mhtml file and hence in the PDF file. I shall write here as soon as some feedback is received in this regard.

Hi Muhammad,

Can I have any update on this issue?

Thanks & Regards,
N.Murali Krishna.

Hi Murali,

The issue has been fixed and will be available in the next release of Aspose.Email for .NET 5.6.0. It will be available in the mid of next month i.e. August 2015. We shall inform you here once the fix version is released.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-34832) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Dear Aspose Team,

May be you guys fixed the issue of no events not coming. But the output is not as per my expectation.

In the attached zip file I have provided two files one which converted using Aspose and the other which I have formatted html text using DDay.iCal libray and generated the pdf.

I wanted to have your pdf producing of calendar document in that format. Please let me know what you guys think.

Note:
There will be always more than one event can present in an .ICS file.

One more suggestion is you can write Aspose.Calendar library.

Thanks & Regards,
N.Murali Krishna.

For some reason I could not able to add the attachments to this post. So please download the files from the below link.

Dropbox - CalendarToPdf.zip - Simplify your life

Hi Murali,

Thank you for sharing the sample PDF file. We need to discuss the possible rendering of such ICS files to MHTML with our Product team and need you to spare us a little time. We shall share our feedback with you here as soon as there is some information available.

Hi Murali,

The Pechkin library converts HTML to PDF, which you have used in your testing. Could you please let us know how the Mhtml is created from this sample ICS file? It will help us to analyze the issue further and provide assistance accordingly.

Hi Muhammad,

Sorry for the so much delay in the response, at the moment I am not in India, I came to Netherlands to work for a different client. So I am not getting any chance to visit the Aspose website. Within one or two day I will prepare a sample program and will send you how I am converting a ICS file to PDF.

Thanks & Regards,
N.Murali Krishna.

Hi Murali,

Thank you for contacting us again and providing the update. I shall be waiting for your sample program for further analysis.