Non merge fields on word

non merge fields on word form

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hello

Thanks for your request. It is not quite clear for me what the problem is. Could you please be more specific?

Best regards,

we are using MSWord 2007 and we deploy our application - -web application.

we need form fillin fields on word form and would you please explain me how would I create word form fillin fields

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry. In MS Word 2007, in Insert tab you should see “Quick Parts” button. Click this button and from the menu select “Field” then select “Field names:” = “Fill-in”. In case of using FILLIN fields, you should store your document as template (DOT, DOTX or DOTM file). In this case, once template with FILLIN fields is opened in MS Word, user will be prompted to fill some data.

Best regards,

Hi AnderyN,

Thanks for your help. it worked when I create document and open it from my computer. what I am really struck with is !

we have a letter sitting in our database as blob and have some merge fields in it.

during execution of the letter we are merging the data from database to the letter.

before it opens the letter I want it to prompt for some user input like when do u want this information by kind of questions, Is it possible to ask for question before the merge where the merge is happening from

Please help

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. I think, you can achieve this yourself. You can parse document before executing mail merge in order to find all FILLIN fields and prompt user to fill the necessary information. For example, you can find a simple example, which shows how to find and fill FILLIN fields in the document:

http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/176515/word-merge-fields-during-mail-merge/showthread.aspx#176515

Hope this helps.

Best regards.