Not able to specify a name to the pdf portfolio

Hi,

I want to customize the name column in the pdf portfolio top section which shows the list of individual files. By default, it shows the file name. For us the file name is meaningless and we generate the files based on an id. So instead of showing the file name, I want to specify a readable name. I do not see any API in the com.aspose.pdf.FileSpecification class.

Can you please help us to customize this?

Thank you.

Regards,
Siva

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid you can not customize the name column, as it consist of filenames.ext. However you can use Description column for the purpose as following. Please download and try latest version of Aspose.Pdf for Java, you will find the com.aspose.pdf.FileSpecification class in it.

Document doc = new Document();<o:p></o:p>

//Instantiate document Collection object

doc.setCollection(new com.aspose.pdf.Collection());

//Get Files to add to Portfolio

FileSpecification pdf = new FileSpecification(myDir+"testtable.pdf");

FileSpecification pdf1 = new FileSpecification(myDir+"Image_output.pdf");

FileSpecification pdf2 = new FileSpecification(myDir+"TestPDFDocument.pdf");

//Provide description of the files

pdf.setDescription("Pdf File");

pdf1.setDescription("Pdf File2");

pdf2.setDescription("Pdf File3");

//Add files to document collection

doc.getCollection().add(pdf);

doc.getCollection().add(pdf1);

doc.getCollection().add(pdf2);

//Save Portfolio document

doc.save(myDir+"Portfolio_java.pdf");

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal Ahmad,

Thanks for your reply. I was able to use the description column. But I don’t want to display the ugly filename in the name column which does not serve any purpose. I need to either remove that column or should be able to specify a meaningful name in that column.

All these issues really makes the portfolio unusable for us. Will you be able to get this fixed anytime soon?

Thank you!

Regards,
Siva

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your feedback. I am afraid currently Aspose.Pdf does not support feature to customize the portfolio detail view(columns). However we have logged your feature request as PDFNEWJAVA-34268 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and implementation.

Moreover, I am afraid we can not share any ETA until issue investigation completes. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress via this forum thread.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Is there a way now?

@Dummy2020

Regretfully, the ticket has not been resolved yet. However, we have updated it as per your concerns and will inform within this forum thread as soon as it is implemented. Please give us some time.