Preserve Vertical Cell Spacing during Word DOC to PDF Conversion

Hello,

I am doing some test with the trial version of Aspose.Words.

I am rendering word documents to pdf. I have encountered some allignments errors.

test003.zip (615.0 KB)

In the zip file: code used, orignal word and pdf of one test, photos of another test where I compare a pdf generated with word and the one generated with Aspose (on front)

Can you help me?

@valentino.enx,

Please also ZIP and upload the following font files here for further testing:

• ‘Helvetica Neue’
  • ‘Helvetica Neue Light’

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.
Here’s the fonts:

LTe50259.zip (93.7 KB)

Thanks,
Valentino

@valentino.enx,

The situation improves when using the licensed latest version of Aspose.Words (see 19.4-fonts-installed.pdf (106.5 KB)); but, still there is difference in vertical spacing of some elements. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-18523. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks for the fast answer.
The licensed version create indeed a better result.

As an additional information: It looks like the spacing and font size is a little bit off too.
I hope that this may help you in fixing the problem.

Thanks,
Valentino

@valentino.enx,

Thanks for the additional information. Your issue is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved or any updates are available.

Are there any update on this topic?

@valentino.enx,

The issue occurs because currently the cell spacing is not supported by the layout engine of Aspose.Words. The problematic table (“INVOICE / RECHNUNG”) has cell spacing enabled. Because cell spacing is currently not rendered in Aspose.Words, the space between table rows is different in Aspose.Words output.

So, this problem (WORDSNET-18523) actually requires us to implement a new feature in Aspose.Words API and we regret to share with you that the implementation of this issue has been postponed for now. There are no estimates available at the moment. However, the fix of this problem may definitely come onto the product roadmap in the future. You will be notified via this thread as soon as this issue/feature is resolved/supported. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-18523) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.8 update also available on NuGet.