NotesSlideManager is crashing PowerPoint

I am trying to add notes to a slide of a presentation. I am using the code below. But this code is will make PowerPoint crash when opening the presentation. Do you have a sample or workaround for it? I am using Aspose.Slides 15.8.1.0.

var presentation = new Presentation();
var layout = presentation.LayoutSlides.FirstOrDefault(item => item.LayoutType == SlideLayoutType.TitleAndObject);
var slide = presentation.Slides.AddEmptySlide(layout);
var notesSlide = slide.NotesSlideManager.AddNotesSlide();
notesSlide.NotesTextFrame.Text = "Notes";

presentation.Save(@"C:\temp\1.pptx", SaveFormat.Pptx);

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have worked with the sample code shared by you and have observed that presentation getting corrupt when adding slide notes. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-36956 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Since this a important issue for us. When can we expect a fix? In this state we can’t deliver our final version…

Hi Robert,

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that the issue reported by you has been fixed for Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.10.0 whose tentative date of release id the first week of December 2015. We will share the notification with you as soon as the product will be shared online.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-36956) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
The problem is still there. In case you first add a slide without any note, and than a slide with a note. This situation will still crash PowerPoint. See example below. Hope you can fix this issue a.s.a.p? Note: Found out a workound: Adding empty notes to each slide will at least not crash PowerPoint.

var presentation = new Presentation();
var layout1 = presentation.LayoutSlides.FirstOrDefault(item => item.LayoutType == SlideLayoutType.TitleAndObject);
var slide1 = presentation.Slides.AddEmptySlide(layout1);

var layout2 = presentation.LayoutSlides.FirstOrDefault(item => item.LayoutType == SlideLayoutType.TitleAndObject);
var slide2 = presentation.Slides.AddEmptySlide(layout2);
var notesSlide = slide2.NotesSlideManager.AddNotesSlide();
notesSlide.NotesTextFrame.Text = "Notes";

presentation.Save(@"C:\temp\1.pptx", SaveFormat.Pptx);

Hi Robert,

I have observed your comments and worked with the code shared by you. I have been able to notice the problem while opening the generated file with PowerPoint 2013, however the file is being opened by PowerPoint 2010 without any problem. We have reopened this issue to further investigate and resolve it. We will notify you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

we have different observation on when it gets crashed on office 2013.
Its probably due to combination of Footer in Power Point and Source file created in Office 2010.

Just wanted to know is there any possible workaround for this issue with Aspose.Slides 15.10 dll?

Hi Sahil,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that if you are facing the same issue then you may report to us separately. Issues may appear same but reasons of the issues can be different. The issue with ID SLIDESNET-36956 is scheduled for investigation and resolution, for current week and there is not any possible workaround, at the moment. We will share a notification on this thread as soon as this issue will be fixed.

Best Regards,