We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

=NOW() formula not displaying corectly

Hello,

I've attached an .xml document that was saved from a .xlsx document which contains the =NOW() function. If I try to save it as PDF the formula does not display correctly (2015'-'10'-'20 16':'37':'03'Z'). The format that the =NOW() date function has is Custom.

I've attached the .xml document(input1.xml) that contains the =NOW() function with the specified format. I've also attached the .xlsx file (input1.xlsx) used to generate the xml.

The code I used to reproduce this is the following:

Workbook originalWorkbook = new Workbook(@"C:\input1.xml");

using (var stream = new MemoryStream())
{
originalWorkbook.Save(stream, SaveFormat.Pdf);
File.WriteAllBytes(@"C:\test.pdf", stream.ToArray());
}

Best regards,
Florin Miertoiu
Software Developer
IBM Romania

Hi Florin,

Thank you for sharing the samples for our review.

We have executed the test case on our side, and we are able to see the problem with the formatting in the resultant PDF. Could you please confirm that you have saved the XML from XLSX using the Excel application while selecting the XML Spreadsheet 2003 (.xml) option or have you used any other means to achieve the same?

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template files and sample code.

I have evaluated your issue a bit using your template SpreadsheetML (XML) and sample code. It looks your template XLSX file is corrupted and I cannot open it fine into Ms Excel e.g 2007.
In any case, as I observed the issue you mentioned. I found that =NOW() formula is not displaying correctly in SpreadsheetML(XML) to PDF conversion. I used his sample code with his template file:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook originalWorkbook = new Workbook(@“C:\input1.xml”);

using (var stream = new MemoryStream())
{
originalWorkbook.Save(stream, SaveFormat.Pdf);
File.WriteAllBytes(@“C:\test.pdf”, stream.ToArray());
}

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-44001” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

The file was saved using the Excel application.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for providing further details.

As we already logged a ticket i.e., “CELLSNET-44001” for your issue into our database. Our product team has also started working over it, so hopefully your issue would be figured out soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-44001 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.1.1 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44001) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan