NSF to EML conversion C# .NET

I am trying to convert .NSF files to .EML using ASPOSE.Email using c#.NEt. I have got a trial license with full functionality, but looks like it only converts the headers… the body or content is always empty. I am using the below code :

using (NotesStorageFacility nsf = new NotesStorageFacility(“c:\mp\1.nsf”))
{
var listOfMessages = nsf.EnumerateMessages().Take(7);
foreach (MailMessage eml in nsf.EnumerateMessages())
{
Console.WriteLine(“Before eml”);
eml.Save(“c:\mp\res1.eml”, SaveOptions.DefaultEml);
Console.WriteLine(“Before msg”);
eml.Save(“c:\mp\res1.msg”, SaveOptions.DefaultMsg);
Console.WriteLine(“After msg”);
}
}

Can you please let me know what is being missed or is it a license issue ? With the same trial license, I am able to convert the same .NSF file to .MSG file properly.

I am trying to convert .NSF files to .EML, using c# .NEt, but strangely the body is never converted. I only see the headers and the subject being converted. the sample code is :

using (NotesStorageFacility nsf = new NotesStorageFacility(“c:\mp\1.nsf”))
{
foreach (MailMessage eml in nsf.EnumerateMessages())
{
Console.WriteLine(“Before eml”);
eml.Save(“c:\mp\res1.eml”, SaveOptions.DefaultEml);
}
}

Do we need to use it differently ?

@Mirang

Could you please ZIP and attach your .nsf, .eml and .msg files here for testing? We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

PFA1.zip (8.5 MB)

Can you attach any working sample .nsf file for me to verify at my end, just to make sure the trial license version that i have works with that .nsf file.

hi Tahir, any updates. We need a quick POC to make sure it satisfies our requirement before we go ahead with the purchase of license

@Mirang

We are working over your query and will gat back to you soon.

@Mirang

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as EMAILNET-40639. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,
Was this problem, with the ASPOSE component itself, or the way the eml was structured ?

@Mirang

Currently, this issue is pending for analysis. Once we analyze this issue, we will then be able to provide you information on it.

Thanks Tahir… The only reason of pushing was, because this is a basic POC and before purchasing the license we at least need some basic use cases working as this is our primary requirement of converting NSF to EML. Please see if you can push this too.

@Mirang

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once we complete the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Ok. But do u know if, with evaluation version, we populate the content or not, because the observation is, looks like only the content is not getting converted, when using above API’s.

@Mirang

Unfortunately, your requirement is not clear enough. Please share some more detail about your requirement and issue. We will then provide you more information on it.

Hi Tahir,

Our requirement is to convert existing nsf files to eml files. When i tried your evaluation version, i was able to convert nsf files to eml files, but the content for mails in the nsf files where not getting converted. Only subject and other metadata like date, recipients, attachments where getting converted. So was asking if I am missing anything in that POC because of which the content was not getting converted.
I hope it makes sense ?

@Mirang

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system. We will be sure to inform you via this forum thread once there is an update available on it.

Hi Tahir,

Any updates, as it is becoming critical for us to finalize on one technology for the conversion of NSF to EML. This is a very basic conversion that is failing, so just so quick pointers will help us proceed. Right now it like even a basic conversion is not working.

Regards,
Mirang

@Mirang

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once we complete the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

@Mirang

It is to inform you that we have closed the issue EMAILNET-40639 with Won’t Fix resolution.

Unfortunately, there is no documentation that describes the data compression algorithm for implementation. This is a feature of the Lotus Notes Domino app and do not comply with RFC 5322 on which our MailMessage is based.

So should we purchase the suite or not ?