NullPointerException while processing PPTX

Hi All,

I am using Slides 6.7.0 to transform a presentation to PDF. I always hit a NullPointerException with the following code while using any of the PPTX files -

String path =“C:\Test\test.pptx”;
PresentationEx presentation = new PresentationEx(path);

I have tried several PPTX files and none of them work. The same issue is not observed with Slides 3.0.0.

Stack Trace-
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.aspose.slides.PptxFile.for(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.PptxFile.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx.int(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx.(Unknown Source)

Can you please advise?

Thanks,
Smitha

Hi Smitha,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to reproduce the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33627 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

Thank you for working on this issue. We are unable to work on ANY 2007 / 2010 presentations because of this bug, not just the presentation attached here. This seems to be a critical regression issue. Can you please let us know when it would be fixed?

Thanks,
Smitha

Hi Smitha,

Thanks for your further feedback. You have mentioned that its a regression issues. Can you please confirm whether the same shared presentation was found working in older version of Aspose.Slides for Java 2.9.x series.

Secondly, I like to add further that this issue has just been created and has been logged as normal priority issue. In Aspose.Slides forum, the issues are actually logged on first come and first serve basis. But prior to Aspose.Slides forum issues the PS and ES customer issues are considered. I will really appreciate your cooperation till the time our development team may schedule the issue for investigation and share their feedback.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

This was working with Slides 2.9.x and also with Slides 3.0.0.

Thanks,
Smitha

Hi Smitha,

Thanks for your further feedback. I have raised the issue priority from normal to High as it has been reported as regression issue. I will share the further information with you as soon as it will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

I also have this issue.

It is not even possible to create an empty Presantation with

PresentationEx presentation = new PresentationEx();

That way the library is unusable at the moment.

Went back to 3.0.0 which does just fine.

Btw.: What is the HUGE Version Jump 3.0.0 -> 6.7.0 for?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for highlighting the issue. I have created a separate issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33629 in our issue tracking system to resolve this breaking change. I will share the further information with you as soon as it will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

We are upgrading our code from 2.9.6 to 6.7.0 and we saw the exact same stacktrace with all our Unit testcase using pptx files.

Unit Testcase containing .ppt are passing.

Simon

Hi Simon,

You are right about the pointed issue with PPTX in Aspose.Slides for Java 6.7.0. I like to share that there has been some regression issue and we are working on developing a hotfix for this on priority basis. We will share the notification with you as soon as it will be shared.

Many Thanks,

I do have the exact same issue - the slides library seems unusable for PPTX with 6.7.0 Version. My environment is linux (ubuntu 12.10) with java 1.7.0_07 64bit

Upgrade from 2.9.6 to 3.0.0 was also reverted because of regressions. I really would like to use the new features…

Hi Lothar,

I like to share that the said issue has been resolved in Aspose.Slides for Java 6.7.1 that we will share on December 10, 2012. We will share the notification with you as soon as the hotfix will be made available online.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33627;SLIDESJAVA-33629) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.