NullReferenceException when validating or converting a PDF/A

When attempting to either validate or “convert” an existing PDF/A, we receive a NullReferenceException.

I have a sample application written that reproduces the issue, which I can provide, but it contains a sensitive PDF document that I can’t share on a public forum. Could you provide an email or some other means for me to share this app, please?

@cgillett

Thanks for contacting support.

You may surely send us your PDF document in a private message, so that it can only be accessible by Aspose Staff. You can send a private message by clicking on username and selecting Message button.

I believe I sent the message with the sample app correctly. If you don’t see it, let me know.

@cgillett

Thanks for sharing sample application and PDF document.

We have tested the scenario in our environment and were able to notice the issue which you have mentioned. Therefore, we have logged it as PDFNET-45488 in our issue tracking system for the sake of correction. We will further look into details of the issue and keep you posted with its resolution status. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@asad.ali do you have a time line for resolution.

@cgillett

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please note that the issue has been logged under free/normal support model and it has low priority. Issues under free support model are resolved on first come first serve basis and issue resolution may take months depending upon how long is the queue of previously logged issue. However, we have recorded your concerns and will definitely let you know in case we make any progress towards resolution of the issue. Please spare us little time.

You may also check our paid support option where issues have high priority and are resolved on urgent basis. Issues under paid support model have precedence over the issues logged under free support. In case your issue is a blocker, you may please escalate it to high priority using this model.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@asad.ali
Can I get another update on this matter.

@asad.ali
One other question…if I did buy paid support about how long do you estimate a resolution would take? This will determine if buying paid support provides me with any benefit.

@cgillett

Thanks for getting back to us.

I am afraid that issue is still pending for investigation due to other high priority issues.

As soon as you subscribe to paid support, your issue priority will be raised accordingly and it will be dealt on urgent basis. Please note that paid support option does not guarantee any immediate solution but it definitely expedites the investigation process in terms of having an ETA and further updates regarding issue resolution progress. In case of any further inquiry, please feel free to let us know.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-45488) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.11.