Numbered list renumbers on page 2+ after saving Word document with Aspose.Words

I have a Word document (.docx) containing a numbered list on page 1 (1, 2, 3) and a separate numbered list on page 2 (1, 2, 3). The document is created through a mailmerge.

I then open the document with Aspose.Words and and immedieately saves it with a new name.

New document now has a new numbering in the numbered list in page 2 (4, 5, 6).

I use Aspose.Words.dll file version 15.6.0.0, 2015.06.30

Original document attached as: NumberedList.docx

Saved document attached as: WordDocumentSaved.docx

Code used can be seen in attached txt file: CodeExample.txt

Hi Sten,

Thanks for your inquiry. But, I opened ‘NumberedList.docx’ with MS Word 2013 and OpenOffice Writer, they both displayed the following numbering:

Page 1:
1. Nr. 1
2. Nr. 2
3. Nr. 3

Page 2:
4. Nr. 1
5. Nr. 2
6. Nr. 3

What version of MS Word are you using on your end? Please also make sure that you have attached the correct ‘NumberedList.docx’.

Best regards,

Hi Awais

Thank you for your reply

It is the correct NumberedList.Docx that I have attached. (I’ve also tried to open it from the incident on your web site, and it shows 1, 2 and 3 on both pages…?)

My Word version is: Microsoft Word 2013 (15.0.4737.1003) MSO (15.0.4701.1000) 32-bit

I have also tried to open it with Wordpad - still it shows 1, 2, 3 on both pages.

I have had one of my colleagues open it (Word 2013) - still 1, 2, 3 on both pages.

Finally I had another of my colleagues open it but now in Word 2010 - and now it showed 4, 5, 6 on page 2…?

Apparently Microsoft also has a problem here.

Hi Sten,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, Wordpad displays 1, 2, 3 on Page 2. But, this does not seem to be an issue in Aspose.Words instead it is more like a glitch in MS Word’s behavior. If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,