Numbers Links in the PDF is not matching with the source (CTS-3349)

Hi,

While converting attached Word file into PDF, the numbers present left side on every line does not match between input and output files.

Actually the mark-up functionality of Word has been used in input doc, originally it had the full content, later as a part of review few lines were removed, Word did not update the line numbers while doing so, e.g. lines from 59 to 63 were removed, so Word removed that content including the line numbers, after 59 we directly see 64 in Word.

But the problem in PDF is that the content seems to have been removed as expected, but it has reorder the line numbers sequentially such that there’s no gap, as a result last # in Word is 197 but it is 175 in PDF.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for your inquiry. After an initial test with Aspose.Words 14.9.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side (please see attached out-java.pdf). I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from the following link. I hope, this helps.
https://releases.aspose.com/words/java

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Numbering in your output looks fine, but I am able to reproduce it even with the latest version i.e. 14.9.

Looks like the difference between your PDF and ours is that ours is with bookmarks unlike you.

Our usecase is to generate PDF with bookmarks panel, can you try creating the same too and then see whether you’re able to reproduce the issue or not.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have attached another PDF document here for your reference. This was produced using Aspose.Words 14.9.0 and the following code:

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + @"010_Test_Markups\010_Test_Markups.docx");
PdfSaveOptions so = new PdfSaveOptions();
so.OutlineOptions.DefaultBookmarksOutlineLevel = 9;
doc.Save(MyDir + @"010_Test_Markups\out-.pdf", so);

Could you please attach your source code here for testing? We will investigate the issue further on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,