Numeric chart labels with + symbol corrupt presentation

Please see the following code for an example. Changing the default chart data category labels. Output file attached.

public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
final Presentation pres = new Presentation();
final IChart c = pres.getSlides()
.get_Item(0)
.getShapes()
.addChart(
ChartType.ClusteredColumn,
0, 0, 720, 540);
final IChartDataWorkbook wb =
c.getChartData()
.getChartDataWorkbook();
wb.getCell(0, 1, 0, “1”);
wb.getCell(0, 2, 0, “2”);
wb.getCell(0, 3, 0, “3”);
wb.getCell(0, 4, 0, “4+”);
pres.save(“D:/test.pptx”, SaveFormat.Pptx);
Desktop.getDesktop().open(new File(“D:/test.pptx”));
}

Hi Shaun,

I have observed the presentation file shared by you along with sample code. You are trying to change the category names in chart and that is getting set. Can you please share what issue is incurring on your end and what you are expecting from Aspose.Slides to offer you in this regard.

Many Thanks,

The file is corrupted when you have a set of chart labels that are numbers and the last one includes a “+” symbol.

The code above demonstrates the problem.

Rather than create an example from scratch I modified the default chart data, but the problem exists no matter how you create the chart.

To be totally clear on what my example is doing. The default chart that is present when you add an IChart object has 4 category labels:

Category 1
Category 2
Category 3
Category 4

All my code is doing is changing those labels to be

4+

Any combination of numeric labels where the last one ends in the “+” symbol causes the presentation file to be corrupted,

Hi Shaun,

I have observed the comments shared by you and like to share that in my version of PowerPoint 2010, I am unable to observe the presentation corruption issue. Can you please share the compete PowerPoint version with us so that we may investigate the issue further. Also, in my PowerPoint version instead of 4+ in category name, I am getting only 4. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-35026 has been created in our issue tracking to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

PowerPoint 2010 14.0.7153.5000 (32 bit).

Thanks as always for your support.

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-35026) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hello,

I tested my code from the first message in the update and it is still not working. Can you confirm?

Thanks.
Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I have tested the code sample shared by you using Aspose.Slides for Java 15.9.0 on my end. I have attached the generated presentation which does not exhibit the issue. I hope this will be helpful. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for the feedback.

Your file does not open on my machine. Earlier in this thread I shared details of my Office environment. Does it work for you with a similar scenario?

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I like to share that we have reopened the ticket for to further investigate why your PowerPoint version failed to open the presentation. We are sorry for your inconvenience and will share the feedback with you as soon as things will be resolve for your PowerPoint version as well.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-35026) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.