Obfuscation of public API methods

Please could you stop obfuscating the method parameter names for public API methods. Most Java IDEs will look to the source first when providing quick parameter information, and will do this with a higher precedence than looking at the Javadocs. For Aspose.cells. this means that when I want to know what parameters a method in the public API takes, all I see is: (int i, int i1, inti2, inti3) since IntelliJ decompiles the binary JAR to provide method and parameter name auto-completion on the fly. Im forced every time to bring up the java docs, which waste times, and it’s also problematic when trying to figure out which overloaded version of a method I want, since none of the 3-4 listed options have param names, I have no idea which Javadoc I want to view.

Working with Aspose.cells is difficult at best. I understand why things are obfuscated, but could you whitelist the public methods from the obfuscation process (at least the param names)?

Case in point - see attachment

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue. Java IDE, for example Eclipse does not show parameter names. We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue if possible. Once, there is some fix or other news for you, we will update you asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSJAVA-40900.

For your ease, you can download Aspose.Cells for .NET API reference compiled help file or you can use Aspose.Cells for Java Javadocs html files.

You can download both of them from the following links.

I have also attached the screenshots of Aspose.Cells for .NET compiled help and Aspose.Cells for Java docs html files for your reference.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.1.1.3 and let us know your feedback.

That seems to work great! (screenshot attached).

Are there any code changes between 8.1.1 and this release 8.1.1.3 ? (Are the javadocs provided with 8.1.1 still valid for this release)?

Thanks again

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thank you for writing back.

Aspose.Cells for Java 8.1.1.3 is a maintenance release, providing fix to several reported problems. This version didn’t come with JavaDocs so you may continue using the JavaDocs provided with 8.1.1 until the next official release (8.1.2) is available for public use.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40900) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.