ODP to PPTX - Text box margins changed (C# .NET)

Using aspose-slides-18.11-jdk16 to convert ODP to PPTX.
Converting slide with a text box. The margins are changed so the text then wraps wrongly.

Code below:
Presentation presentation = new Presentation(inputPath);
presentation.save(outputPath, SaveFormat.Pptx);

Before/after sample attached

textMargin.zip (32.8 KB)

@simon.wiseman,

I have worked with the presentation shared by you using Aspose.Slides for Java 18.12 and have been able to observe the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-37483 has been added in our issue tracking system to resolve the issue. This thread has been associated with the ticket so that we share notification with you once issue will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-37483) have been fixed in this update.

The margins are still changed when converting the ODP to PPTX (see attached files).
To open the ODP I used OpenOffice Impress and to open the PPTX I used Microsoft PowerPoint 2019.

Using aspose-slides-19.10-jdk16.jar.

Using the following code:
com.aspose.slides.Presentation presentation = new com.aspose.slides.Presentation(inputPath);
presentation.save(outputPath, com.aspose.slides.SaveFormat.Pptx);

SLIDESJAVA-37483.zip (30.6 KB)

@simon.wiseman,

Thank you for sharing the information. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-37864 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

@simon.wiseman,

We have checked the presentations provided by the you, but I did not find any big differences between PowerPoint and LibreOffice (37864_cmp.png).

Can you please provide following additional information:

1. Full version of LibreOffice and PowerPoint

2. Screenshots from PowerPoint and LibreOffice with incorrect text placement

I have looked at the OpenOffice Presentation and compared it to the Microsoft Office PowerPoint and there is a difference between the original and the translated document (see attached screenshot).
The text margins are different in the documents.

The versions that I’m running are:
OpenOffice Version = Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7
Microsoft Office Version = Microsoft PowerPoint 2019 MSO (16.0.12430.20112) 32-bit

difference.PNG (43.0 KB)

@simon.wiseman,

I have observed the snapshot shared by you and request you to please try using latest Aspose.Slides 20.1 on your end. In case there is still an issue then please share the source file, generated output file and working sample code reproducing the issue. We will be able to investigate the issue further on our end on provision of requested information.

I was/am using Aspose Slides 20.1 on my end when I took the screenshot of the differences between the two documents.

Code that is being used:
try {
com.aspose.slides.Presentation presentation = new com.aspose.slides.Presentation(inputPath);
presentation.save(outputPath, com.aspose.slides.SaveFormat.Pptx);
System.out.println("Translated " + inputPath + " to " + outputPath);
}
catch(Exception e){
System.out.println(“Unable to translate”);
}

Source File and Output File attached.
SLIDESJAVA-37483.zip (30.7 KB)

@simon.wiseman,

I have observed the issue shared by you and have updated the information in our issue tracking system. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Is there a fix for the text margins issue when converting ODP to PPTX? I have checked to see if the text margins change still and they do. I am using “aspose-slides-20.3-jdk16.jar”.
Thanks.

@simon.wiseman,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the concerned internal issue linked with SLIDESJAVA-37864 has been resolved and we expect to provide you with a solution in upcoming Aspose.Slides for .NET 20.5. We request for your patience and will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

That’s great. Thank you very much.

@simon.wiseman,

You are always welcome.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-37864) have been fixed in this update.

Thank you, this update has fixed my problems.

@simon.wiseman,

It’s good to hear that things are resolved on your end. Please feel free to share if you have any issue incurring on your end.