Free Support Forum - aspose.com

ODS to XLSX - percentages in bar graph lost

Using aspose-cells-18.11 JDK to convert ODS to XLSX.
Converting spreadsheet with a bar chart that shows percentages. The percentages are lost.

Code below:
LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions(FileFormatType.ODS);
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(inputPath,loadOptions);
workbook.save(outputPath, SaveFormat.XLSX);

Before/after sample attached

Missing chart values.zip (23.1 KB)

@simon.wiseman,

Thanks for your query.

I have tried this scenario using latest version Aspose.Cells for Java 18.12.x and observed that the Chart in ODS and in XLSX are same. Could you please test the scenario again using latest version and provide the feedback?

BeforeODS.JPG (28.7 KB)
AfterXLSX.JPG (28.4 KB)

Here’s how I see the original file using Open Office and Libre Office - they show the chart a bit differently, but both show percentages. Screen shot shows the version - are you using the same?
Second screenshot shows the version of Excel I’m using.

screenshot1.png (402.4 KB)
screenshot2.JPG (58.8 KB)

@simon.wiseman,

We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSJAVA-42802 - ODS to XLSX, Percentages are lost in bar graph chart

@simon.wiseman,

We have found out that MS Excel only supports percentages of data labels in pie charts, so we could not fix this issue.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42802) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 19.1. You can also get the latest Aspose.Cells for Java version from Maven repos. with simple configurations. Please see the document for your reference: https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsjava/Installation

This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi