ODT: custom properties modified with Aspose not showed opening the file with Office Word

Hi,

I’m using Aspose.Words to set custom properties values on a ODT file.
The custom property is showed on the document.
If I open the updated file using Libre Office Writer I can see the updated value for the property on the document.
Otherwise, if I open it using Office Word the new value is not showed (I need to select the area and then use the menu “Update Field”).

Please note that if I do the same operation using Libre Office Writer all works fine: I can see new value when I open the file using Office Word, whitout need to use “Update field” menu!

You can see as attached file my source and destination ODT files.

My code is the following.

’ Open the document
Dim opt As New Aspose.Words.LoadOptions()
opt.LoadFormat = Aspose.Words.LoadFormat.Odt
Dim doc As Aspose.Words.Document = New Aspose.Words.Document(“source.odt”, opt)

’ Update the prop
For Each p As Aspose.Words.Properties.DocumentProperty In doc.CustomDocumentProperties
If p.Name = “MyCustomProp” Then
p.Value = "Updated at " & Now.ToShortTimeString
End If
Next

’ Updates the fields
doc.UpdateFields()

’ Save as odt
doc.Save(“dest.odt”, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Odt)

How can I save my odt havind the property working fine with Office Word too?
Thank you for any suggest.

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-12852. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello,

Any news about when this issue will be resolved?

Thenk you.

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for your inquiry. We regret to share with you that this issue (WORDSNET-12852) has been postponed. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as there are any further developments.

Hello again,

Are there any news about the WORDSNET-12852?
Thank you.
Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for your inquiry. We regret to share with you that the issue WORDSNET-12852 has been postponed. I am afraid, there is no estimate available at the moment. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as there are any further developments.