We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

ODT To DOCX - Conversion problems with tables

Hello,

We have troubles with conversion from odt to docx (and pdf) regarding tables.

We have a lot of templates like the one attached, when rendering to docx and pdf some cells overlap and some borders disapear. The file displays well with LibreOffice.

Could you tell us what is going wrong?
Thanks,
NicolasDEV_CCIL_GL-TEST.zip (7.6 KB)

PS: We are using 18.2 version of aspose-words, bought lately

@nguicheteau,

Thanks for your inquiry. We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-16790. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello,

Thanks for your message.
I forgot to mention that we are using the Java lib of aspose-words.

Nicolas

@nguicheteau,

Thanks for the additional information. The latest version of Aspose.Words for Java is completely auto-ported from .NET, i.e. we do not write code for Aspose.Words for Java; it is generated out automatically from C# code of Aspose.Words for .NET. In your case, the issue which was logged with WORDSNET prefix, would be auto resolved for Java variant of Aspose.Words. Your problem (WORDSNET-16790) will be fixed in Aspose.Words for Java as soon as the linked issue is resolved.

Hello,

The problem is becoming urgent for us, do you know if the compatibility options (or any workaround) could fix the issue?

Thanks,
Nicolas

@nguicheteau,

Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. We are currently doing analysis of this issue to determine the root cause. Once the analysis of this issue is completed, we may then be able to share a workaround or ETA of this issue. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello,

We discovered that after replacing the tag <table:table table:is-sub-table="true"> by <table:table table:is-sub-table="false"> (directly in the xml embedded in the odt file), LibreOffice is then able to reorganize the table element correctly when saving the document. Hopefully this could help in your analysis.

@nguicheteau,

Thanks for the additional information. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved or any updates/estimates are available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-16790) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.6 update.