Free Support Forum - aspose.com

ODT to DOCX - layout not preseved

When converting an ODT to DOCX, the layout of the ODT is not preserved properly.
The page layout is different in the translated document.
I’ve had this problem in the past, however I was informed that the issue had been resolved.

Using “aspose-words-20.8.0-jdk17.jar”.

Code Below:
com.aspose.words.Document doc = new com.aspose.words.Document(inputPath);
doc.save(outputPath, com.aspose.words.SaveFormat.DOCX);

Before/after files attached:
Defect.zip (102.2 KB)

@simon.wiseman,

The issues even occur when doing a ODT to ODT ‘Save As’ operation by using latest 20.11 version of Aspose.Words for Java. And currently, same is the case with ODT to DOCX conversion. We have observed the following issues on our end and logged them in our issue tracking system:

• WORDSNET-21422: Aspose.Words generated DOCX file currently shows 4 pages because it incorrectly spans content of first page of ODT to two pages.

• WORDSNET-21423: ODT to DOCX - Footer picture not showing at the very bottom edge of pages

• WORDSNET-21424: Charts from second and third pages lose their x-y position in generated DOCX. Moreover, there is an issue with the positioning of last two text paragraphs on last page.

We will further look into the details of these problems and will keep you updated on the status of corrections. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@simon.wiseman,

We need a bit more information from your end; please tell what software application(s) (and their version number) do you use to create/view ODT and DOCX file formats. Do you use MS Word or Libre/Open Office?

The ODT was created using Google Docs and the DOCX was created using Aspose Translation using the code I attached in my previous comment.

@simon.wiseman,

We have logged these details in our issue tracking system and will keep you posted here on any further updates.