OfficeMath convertion to RTF

Hi,

We have a problem with OfficeMath conversion to RTF. Word creates an image for OfficeMath for backward compatibility with old readers, but Aspose library is not. Is it possible to convert OfficeMath to image in document or to add support for image on saving using Aspose library? We tried to convert OfficeMath, but there are no methods for this and ExportImagesForOldReaders property for RtfSavingOptions is not working for OfficeMath.

Thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delayed response.

Perhaps, you’re using an older version of Aspose.Words; as with Aspose.Words v11.8.0, I was unable to reproduce this problem on my side. Aspose.Words preserves OfficMath equations during converting Word document to RTF format. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. v11.8.0 and let us know how it goes on your side. I hope, this will help.

Best Regards,

Hi,

I’m sorry for delay with response. Unfortunatly the image for OfficeMath is not present in result RTF file. We are using the latest libraries 11.9.
I’m attached a sample document that we are using.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have attached a couple of Rtf documents (one produced by Aspose.Words and the other by Microsoft Word 2007) here for your reference. You can see that these two output documents are identical. Could you please share the steps that I should follow to be able to reproduce the same problem on my side?

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

The output documents are not identical and this is the problem that I posted in this thread. Aspose Words library does not generate a tag \mmathPict, you can check the size of output files and see that they are different in 8 times. We need \mmathPict supported by Aspose. Is it possible to add it? Do you have any workaround that we can use to convert OfficeMath to pictures? (manual replacement for mmathPict output).

Regards,

Alex.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the additional information. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as WORDSNET-7383 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your patience. We have a good news for you that is WORDSNET-7383 has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Words (v11.11.0) which is planned to be released by the end of this month (around December’ 31, 2012). We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7383) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.