OleObject gradient filling read as FillType.Solid

I have a xlsx file with an OleObject into it.
It is customized with a gradient (one color, two colors, preset - it doesn’t matter, bugs can always be reproduced) but when I open the file with Apose (v 19.8.0) the FillType of such OleObject is always solid.

Also:
is there a short way to copy properties of a FillFormat object into another?

@workshare,

Thanks for providing us details.

Please provide your template file and sample code to show the issue. we will check it soon.

AsposeCellsSolidOleObject.zip (14.9 KB)

@Amjad_Sahi

Thank you for your reply.

I have included a solution with an example of a file with an Ole Object with gradient filling

@workshare,

Thanks for the sample project and template file.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template file. I found that OleObject’s gradient filling is read as FillType.Solid:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook;
            using (var stream = new MemoryStream(File.ReadAllBytes("E:\\test2\\AsposeCellsSolidOleObject\\AsposeCellsSolidOleObject\\OleExample.xlsx")))
            {
                workbook = new Workbook(stream);
            }

var oo = workbook.Worksheets[0].OleObjects[0];

Console.WriteLine(oo.Fill.FillType); //Solid - Not Ok

if (oo.Fill.FillType != Aspose.Cells.Drawing.FillType.Gradient)
            {
                throw new System.Exception("Expected gradient filling");
            }

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-46891” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@workshare,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancement and fixes.

@workshare,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.8.5 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.8.5 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.9 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.8.5 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.9 MB)

1 Like

@Amjad_Sahi

Thank you a lot
I have tried it locally and it is working

When it will be shipped through nuget?

Best regards

@workshare,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix/version. We are scheduled to release our next official release (i.e., Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.9) in the third week of September 2019 (this version will include all the previous fixes including yours). For your information, only official releases are published to Nuget repos. So, you may wait a bit, we will also notify you in this thread once the release is published.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46891) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.9. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi