OleObject save as Tiff issue

Dear team,

In the attached document there are two shapes which have the same content and are comparable in size. The first shape is an image, the second shape is an VISIO OleObject.

When exporting these individual shapes as tiff images, the image shape is exported properly. The Oleobject however is exported rather strange. The tiff image has the right dimensions, but the effective content (the drawing) is seriously reduced in size.

I’m using Aspose Word for Java 19.1.

In the attached zip file, you can find the original document (with the two shapes), a JUnit test and the result of executing that test. When you look at the two resulting images, you will immediately see the issue.

Many thanks for your support.

Patrick.

VisioOleObject.zip (702.5 KB)

@PatrickVB

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSJAVA-1984. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Dear Tahir,

Many thanks for your update. Is there any estimation by when this could be resolved. Will it be the next version, will it take 6 version. Will it be next year?

This is important for me to know because if this is not fixed within two or three version (lets say by 19.4). then I need to start working on a “work around” for this issue.

Many thanks for updating me.

Patrick

@PatrickVB

Thanks for your inquiry. We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. We work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once we complete the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

You reported this issue in free support forum and it will be treated with normal priority. To speed up the progress of issue’s resolution, we suggest you please check our paid support policies from following link.
Paid Support Policies

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for the update. For your information I have pointed out your comments about the paid support. We will take it further. Unfortunately the procurement of licenses/support is not moving fast in our organization.

Nevertheless, I would still appreciate updates on the issue.

Many thanks

Patrick

@PatrickVB

Thanks for your inquiry. Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once we complete the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Hi Tahir,

Any news on the issue? Many thanks for the update.

Patrick

@PatrickVB

Thanks for your inquiry. Your issue is still pending for analysis. We will inform you once there is an update available on it.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-1984) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.3 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.3 update.