OoxmlSaveOptions problem

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

We already tried this, but without succes !

The Workbook class mentions

// Method descriptor #1370
(Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/aspose/cells/SaveOptions;)V
// Stack: 6, Locals: 7
public void
save(java.lang.String fileName, com.aspose.cells.SaveOptions saveOptions)
throws java.lang.Exception;

But when trying to use this method we receive :

received Java exception “java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com/aspose/cells/Workbook.save(Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/aspose/cells/Save” when calling method “save” with signature “(Ljava.lang.String;Lcom.aspose.cells.SaveOptions;)V” in class “com.aspose.cells.Workbook”.

What’s wrong ?

Thanks

Hello,

I downloaded the latest version of the jar 8.5.0
Seems class “com.aspose.cells.OoxmlSaveOptions” is missing in this version…

Before I did some tests with version 8.4.2.5, with errors mentioned before.

Can you tell me which version I should use ?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

I have tested this issue with the latest version v8.5.0 with Eclipse - Luna on Windows 7 - 64 bit with JDK 1.7 and did not find this issue. OoxmlSaveOptions exists there.

Please let us know the environment details of your system. Let us know which JDK you are using? Could you please try it on Eclipse with JDK 1.6 or higher?

Let us know your feedback.

Hello,

Seems we are having this problem because the system mixes up 2 versions of the aspose-cells.jar
We tried to remove the old version (and only use the new one), but we run into license-key problems …
Maybe our license key is no longer valid for this new version ?

Can this be solved ?
Thanks

Hi Hendrik,

It is good to know that you are able to figure out the problem cause. Regarding the licensing, if your license subscription has expired then you will not be able to use the latest version of the API in licensed mode. You can confirm this by opening the license file in notepad and look for the SubscriptionExpiry tag. Please note, you can use the releases that were published before the subscription expiry with same license key. In case the date has passed or the version of the API was published after the expiry date then you have to renew your license. However, for evaluation purposes, you can also request a 30 day temporary license. Once you are satisfied with the latest release you can renew the subscription and replace the temporary license with your actual one.

Such a pity there is no backward compatibility !!!

Why are so many methods no longer existing ?

If we want to use the latest version, we would have to re-write a lot of code :frowning:

Hi Hendrick,

We are sorry if you feel like that. Please note, all Aspose APIs are 100% backward compatible in terms of feature, however, the publicly exposed interfaces may have changed with the passage of time. Be sure that all such changes were introduced to enhance the API in terms of performance, usability, robustness and feature set. Moreover, we didn’t abruptly struck-out the publicly exposed interfaces rather we marked them depreciated while providing the alternative approach and then eventually removed them after it’s due time. You can find the details and migration tips by going through the articles available in Migrating from Earlier Version of Aspose.Cells for Java section. Since the release of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.0.0 we have started to keep detailed usage scenario about each change in the public API and we are maintaining this section with each release. In case you still do not find an alternative approach/method/property for any API you can always contact us here for assistance. Please try to create a separate thread for each distinct case for easy management of your requests.