Open and Copy existing .pdf with Aspose.PDF for .NET?

Hello there. I am wondering if there is any way to add a watermark to an existing .pdf file with Aspose.Pdf. I know this is possible with the addition of Aspose.Pdf.Kit. But with just .Pdf, could I create a new .pdf file, open an existing .pdf file, copy everything from the existing file to the new file, and then further modify the new one (say, by adding a watermark)?

Thanks very much for the advice.

Hello Christine,

Thanks for using our products.

Aspose.Pdf is a component which is used to generate PDF documents from scratch. You can create the document using our API, convert an Image file into PDF, transform an XML & XSL-FO to PDF or you can convert an HTML document into PDF format. I am afraid it does not allow the feature to open any existing PDF document for further manipulation.

As per your current understanding, Aspose.Pdf.Kit is a component which offers the capability to manipulate/edit any existing PDF documents. So I believe you need to use Aspose.Pdf.Kit if you are interested in modifying any existing PDF documents.

For your convenience, I am moving this thread to Aspose.Pdf.Kit forum and I believe our team of experts taking care of that product would be kind enough to answer your queries in more appropriate manner.

You may also visit the following link for information on difference between two products. [Aspose.Pdf vs Aspose.Pdf.Kit ](http://www.aspose.com/categories/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/aspose-pdf-vs-aspose-pdf-kit.aspx)

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Christine,

I would like to inform you that Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET allows you to add watermark in an existing PDF file. I would also like to add that the input file is kept intact and the watermarked file is saved as a new output file.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,