Open CSV file with value longer than 32K in a cell

Hi I’m trying to open a CSV file, and it gives me an error “You want to put a string longer than 32K to Cell T2469. MS Excel only allows to put a string shorter than 32K to a Cell.”

I know that there is an option Settings.CheckExcelRestriction, that when setting it to false it should not throw this error, but I don’t know how to use the settings on opening an existing file.

Here is my code

Dim lOptions As Aspose.Cells.TxtLoadOptions

lOptions = New Aspose.Cells.TxtLoadOptions(Aspose.Cells.LoadFormat.CSV)
lOptions.ConvertNumericData = False
lOptions.ConvertDateTimeData = False
Dim Xls As New Aspose.Cells.Workbook(FileName, lOptions)

Thanks for your help

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please provide us your source file which is giving this error. We will look into it and help you asap. If there are any errors found, we will log it in our database so that it could be fixed.

file is attached

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue. We are getting the same exception on opening your csv file. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is fixed or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41687.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have added TxtLoadOptions.CheckExcelRestriction property.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.3.3 and let us know your feedback.

Works great

Thanks a lot

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have closed your ticket now.
Good to know that your issue is resolved by the new fix v7.4.3.3 which actually includes the new API for your needs.

Feel free to contact us any time if you have further query or have any other issue, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41687) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.