We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Open email in Outlook

Hello,

Could you please help me with the next problem: how to open email in Outlook using Aspose.Email? I can easily create and fill email using Aspose but I found no methods in Aspose.Email.Outlook to simply display MapiMessage to user in Outlook (I do not need to save or send it).

Thanks in advance.

Hi Olexandr,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team.

Aspose.Email doesn’t have any interaction with Microsoft Outlook and provides the capability of saving emails in outlook format for loading later on. Could you please share with us if you need this for a web application or desktop application? In web application, the response of the browser may be directed to open in respective application but in a non-web app, this is not possible to achieve. Please share your feedback with us for further assistance in this regard.

In JavaScript, I used the following code example to open an outlook
window.location.href = "mailto:mail@example.org";

How would you do the same in Aspose.mail?

@Seng_Ung

Aspose.Email does not provide any way to open Outlook. However, it provides capability to work with emails in outlook format like loading and saving etc. You may get more details regarding working with outlook items at this link:
https://docs.aspose.com/display/emailnet/Working+with+Outlook+Items

Moreover, please feel free to write back to us if you need additional information or if you have any queries in future.