We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Open PDF file error with Acrobat 5.0

When I load a PDF file from my local hard disk and save it to hard disk, the output file can’t be opened correctly by Acrobat 5.0 , but it can be opened by Adobe Reader.

Here is the code(VB.Net):

Dim pdf As New Document(txtFilePath.Text)
SetLisence()
If pdf IsNot Nothing Then
pdf.Save(“F:\AsposePDF\Output\output.pdf”)
End If

Attachment is this demo and source file.

The demo has deleted license file and Aspose PDF DLL.

Hi Doris,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’v tested the scenario with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.1 and viewed resultant PDF document in Adobe Acrobat XI/Adobe Reader XI and unable to notice any issue. Can you please confirm the error message arises while opening document with Adobe Acrobat 5.0? Can you please upgrade to latest version of Adobe Acrobat? Hopefully it would resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

1. I’m very sure that this issue comes from Acrobat 5.0(error.png in attachment).

2. I think I couldn’t fix this issue by upgrading the Acrobat, because we have many clients who only have Acrobat 5.0.

3. The original file is fine with Acrobat 5.0, but it’s wrong with the new file which is saving from Document object.

Hi Doris,

Thanks for your patience. We have logged an investigation ticket as PDFNEWNET-35443 in our bug tracking system for replicating the issue and further investigation. We will keep you updated about issue progress via this forum thread.

We are sorry for the
inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,