Open SpreadsheetML/SaveAs Excel2003 loses all formatting

I'm currently using v4.6.0 and I am unable to convert my SpreadsheetML to xls. In one of my tests, I am simply loading a good xls file, exporting as SpreadsheetML, loading it back up into Aspoce.cells, then converting it back to xls. The SpreadsheetML seems to load just fine in Excel, but when I open it in Aspose.cells and attempt to save as an xls (without any steps in between) the xls file is stripped of all formatting and some of the cells are collapsed. I've attached a stripped down file that still exhibits the same behavior.

Also, when saving the results as stream and reading them into a byte[], I see there is a byte order marker (BOM) in the first three bytes. what is the recommended way for handling the BOM? Should I just start reading at the 4th byte and skip it?

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template file with details.

Please try the attached version (4.6.0.10). I tested with it using your template file, it works fine without any issue. I used the following code:

Sample code:

Workbook wb = new Workbook();
wb.Open("f:\\test\\ConvertSpreadsheetToXlsTest.xml", FileFormatType.SpreadsheetML);
wb.Save("f:\\test\\outConvertSpreadsheetToXlsTest.xls", FileFormatType.Excel2003);

For bom (byte order marker) issue, could you show us more details and provide us your sample code, we will check it soon.

Thank you.