Opening a document in Word on website

When I open documents on the live web server, I am only given the option to open the document in WordPad, or if I’m using Firefox, I have to choose the application (WordPad or NotePad). I thought Aspose.Words meant that I could open the document in a Word emulator?
This application is a company intranet, where users first log on to a server, then use the website. Obviously Microsoft Word is not on the web server.
I have put the Aspose.Words.dll and license file in the bin folder, and it creates the docs ok.
What am I doing wrong?

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Installing Aspose.Words for .NET - Aspose.Words for .NET and Java

Hi

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Words. Aspose.Words is a class library for working with Word documents programmatically. It does not provide any graphic user interface for editing/viewing documents.
Using Aspose.Words, however, you can generate document preview. For example, you can use XPS to achieve this. You can find an example here:
https://blog.aspose.com/2009/08/14/render-doc-ooxml-odt-rtf-and-html-documents-in-silverlight/
Best regards.