Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Opening and saving Excel file changes z-order of image and drawing

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that has an image and then a textbox on top of the image to display a traffic-light style graphic. When I open the spreadsheet in Cells.Net and save a copy it changes the z-order of the image and textbox so that the textbox label is now behind the image.

Is this a bug? Can I workaround it or can I get a fix? The spreadsheet that exhibits the problem is attached. The C# code to show the problem is as follows:

using System.IO;
using Aspose.Cells;

namespace TestAsposeZOrder
{
class Program
{
static Program()
{
License license = new License();
license.SetLicense(“Aspose.Cells.lic”);
}

static void Main(string[] args)
{
using (FileStream fstream = new FileStream(args[0], FileMode.Open))
{
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(fstream);

workbook.Save(args[1]);
}
}
}
}

Thanks,
Adam

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and use the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.5.0.4
it works fine.

I have tested this issue with the following code and it generated correct output excel file which I have attached for your reference.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\TFS11661.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.xlsx”);

Thanks - this does indeed now work.

Could you direct me to the release notes for the latest aspose.cells so that I can see what has changed between the version I was using (7.7.2) and the latest.

Hi Adam,

Thank you for the confirmation.

Please note, the provided revision of the API is basically a maintenance release therefore it does not have the detailed release notes. However, you may check the release notes of the latest official release, that is; Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.5.1. Moreover, please go through the Public API Changes section to know what has been changed in public interface since your current version of the API.