Opening attached Excel file causes error

Opening the attached file causes an error of "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: ". Sample code below:

public void TryCreateWrkBookObject(string filePath)
{
var wkBook = new Workbook(filePath);
}

Hi Kim,

Thank you for sharing the sample.

We have evaluated the presented scenario while using Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.7.2.2 and we are able to replicate the said exception on our side. In order to further investigate the matter, we have logged this incident as CELLSNET-44357. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the case, and get back to you with updates in this regard.

Hi again,

This is to update you that we have resolved the ticket logged earlier as CELLSNET-44357. We will shortly share the fix here after ensuring the quality and incorporating other enhancements.

Adding more to my previous response, please share the origin of your provided sample as Excel application cannot save such spreadsheet having duplicated data for one Ole object. Please check following snippet from the Sheet1.xml.

<oleObject progId=“PowerPoint.Show.8shapeId=“1025r:id=“rId4>
<objectPr defaultSize=“0r:id=“rId5>
<anchor moveWithCells=“1>
<from>
<xdr:col>2</xdr:col>
<xdr:colOff>0</xdr:colOff>
<xdr:row>5</xdr:row>
<xdr:rowOff>0</xdr:rowOff>
</from>
<to>
<xdr:col>6</xdr:col>
<xdr:colOff>104775</xdr:colOff>
<xdr:row>15</xdr:row>
<xdr:rowOff>0</xdr:rowOff>
</to>
</anchor>
</objectPr>
</oleObject>
<oleObject progId=“PowerPoint.Show.8shapeId=“1025r:id=“rId4/>

Opening the attached sample file in Excel 2010 or 2013, I am able to successfully modify and save the document or do a Save As.

Hi Kim,

You are right, as I can also re-save and Save-As the provided spreadsheet. I believe what the product team wished to ask is what application originally created this spreadsheet. By the way, I have posted your comments on the aforementioned ticket. In case the product team has more concerns, I will let you know.

We are not entirely sure as it came from a client.

Hi Kim,

Thank you for your response. We have recorded your comments to the aforementioned ticket, and currently waiting for the product team to share the fix so we could retest the scenario before sharing it with you.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.7.2.4 (attached).

We have fixed your issue now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Thanks for the update. We’ve tested the attached assembly and see it working correctly. Which release of Aspose.Total for .NET will this assembly be in?

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix. You may use this fix as an official release of the product for production server, it contains all the features and enhancements full fledged. We are scheduled to release our next official version of the product, i.e., Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.8.0 in the next week or so (The date is not finalized). This fix will also be included in the official release of the product (in the Downloads section). Moreover, once we publish the official release (v8.8.0), the Aspose.Total for .NET package would be updated to include the latest version v8.8.0.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44357) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.