Opening Existing PDF

Hi,

I would like to know whether I could open existing PDF using Aspose.PDF and use the API to modify existing PDF file.

Thanks

Balaji

Hello Balaji,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

Aspose.Pdf is a component which offers the capability to create PDF documents from scratch. You can use its API, convert Image file into PDF, Transform XML/XSL-FO files into PDF, render HTML page into PDF or even you can convert the simple Text file into PDF format using Aspose.Pdf.

However if you need to edit/manipulate existing PDF documents, please try using Aspose.Pdf.Kit This product offers the capability to Concatenate multiple PDF’s into single file, Split one PDF to multiple PDF’s, Insert pages inside existing PDF, Extract pages from existing PDF, Print PDF document, View PDF document, Insert watermark, Insert Annotations/Attachments, Extract Annotations/Attachments and much more. For more information, please visit Product Information .

In case you still have any further query, please feel free to contact.

FYI, Soon we are going to release a merged/combined version of Aspose.Pdf which will offer the features present in Aspose.Pdf, Aspose.Pdf.Kit and also the new DOM (Document Object Model) API. So instead of using two separate products, you only have to use a single product to create as well as edit existing PDF documents. You may check out following blog posts for better understanding about the new Merged product.

Hello Balaji,

I am pleased to share that the first version of Merged Aspose.Pdf for .NET containing combined features of Aspose.Pdf for .NET and Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET has been published. Please check out following [blog post](https://blog.aspose.com/2011/07/01/first-version-of-merged-aspose.pdf-for-.net-is-now-available-for-download) for more details.