Opening presentation maxes out CPU for hours

We try to use the Aspose.Slides Java Library 17.3 to create thumbnails of existing presentations.

Our simple program is based on the GeneratingThumbnailFromSlide example and works generally very good.

But with some presentations we are running into very bad performance problems.
Unfortunately I can not share this presentations, but I can try to create one if that would be helpfull. All the presentations are between 10MB and 20MB and can be opened without problem if there is enough memory available.

In low memory situations (simulated by java -Xmx1G)
While opening the presentation (new Presenation(‘file.pptx’)) the script uses all this memory and has a 100% CPU usage and never ends. Seems like a endless loop.

Is this high memory usage normal for such small presentations (17MB PPTX can not be opened with less then 1.2 GB)?

Why is the script using 100% CPU of all cores for hours (The same 17MB PPTX uses 100% of all the 4 cores/8 threads of a 4GHz intel i7)?
How can that be avoided?

Is there some way to lazy load the presentation slide by slide for the thumbnail generation?

Would the .NET version perform better?

Hi,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your comments and like to share that we are continually heading towards improving the performance of Aspose.Slides for Java API. If you use Aspose.Slides for .NET API, it has got improved performance ration considering to Aspose.Slides for Java.

For your other question related to performance and working of Aspose.Slides for Java, I request you to please share the source presentation, working sample code, java details and snapshots of memory usage. We will try reproducing the issue on our side to help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,