Opening VBAProject corrupts Excel Workbook

When I open the VbaProject of a specific Excel file and resave the file, the file is corrupted.

I’m using the code bellow to check if a marcos is in the file. And I’m use the follow file, which results in the RESAVE file. I also check with the latest version 4.6, and the problem still exists.
Excelsheets.zip (219.4 KB)

int lHasOtherMacros = 0;
try {
  com.aspose.cells.VbaProject lVbaProject = aWorkbook.getVbaProject();
  com.aspose.cells.VbaModuleCollection lModules = lVbaProject.getModules();

for ( Iterator lIterator = lModules.iterator(); lIterator.hasNext(); ) {
    String lNaam = null;
    try {
      com.aspose.cells.VbaModule lModule = (com.aspose.cells.VbaModule)lIterator.next();
      lNaam = lModule.getName();
      String lCode = lModule.getCodes();
      String lCodeLower = lCode.toLowerCase();
      int lType = lModule.getType();   // VbaModuleType.DOCUMENT

if( lCodeLower.contains( " sub " ) || lCodeLower.contains( " function " )  ){
        lHasOtherMacros++;
      }
    } catch ( Exception aE ) {
      LOG.error( "hasMacros[100] Bij module: " + lNaam, aE );
    }
  } // for
} catch ( Exception aE ) {
  LOG.error( "hasMacros[101]", aE );
} // try

@inceptionEhv,
The resaved file opens ok in MS Excel 2016 and does not look corrupt. Can you please explain a bit more about output file so that we may analyze further.

The resaved file is have the size off the original file. This happens when you load the VbaProject, if you don’t load it, the filesize stays the same.
When I open this file in office365 i get to see the warning:
The project file … contains invalid key ‘i>>?ID’, --Continue Loading Project?
If I then press Yes I get the following Popup:
_Compile error in hidden module: Buttons. This error commonly occurs when code is incompatible with this version, platform, or architecture of this application. Click Help for information on how to correct this error. _
Both popups are not shown when I open the original file.

2019-07-09 13_50_37-Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications.png (5.7 KB)

2019-07-09 13_49_05-5377-Proposal Barcode Bloedafnameformulier PER POST Engelstalig-RESAVE.xlsm - Ex.png (10.1 KB)

@inceptionEhv,
We were able to observe the issue while using Excel 365 but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSJAVA-42955 - Opening VBAProject corrupts the workbook

@inceptionEhv,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-42955”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@inceptionEhv,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v19.6.5:

Your issue should be fixed in it.
aspose-cells-19.6.5.zip (6.5 MB)

Let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42955) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 19.7. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi