Free Support Forum - aspose.com

OpenOffice Word file not loading?

I try to extract text from an .odt file, but it does not seem to be loading the file correctly. It does detect the file format correctly.

Document.DetectFileFormat(stream)

But other that that, nothing works. If if save it as a .docx I get an empty file and

document.GetText();

returns nothing either. I've attached the file, but also tried it with other files too. I'm using the newest Aspose.Words that is online (8.0.0). Currently it's the evaluation version, since I first have to renew my contract with you guys.

Thanks for the help.

For some reason, it does not work with normal office documents anymore either. Maybe the problem is somewhere else. Let me digg some further.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. I cannot reproduce the problem on my side using the latest version of Aspose.Words. Aspose.Words works with your document correctly.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Best regards,

Thanks for the replay. Got it working with OpenOffice. The issue was somewhere else. Sorry for this.

Unfortunately I'm facing another problem now:

When I load an HTML Document with an external CSS I get the following Error Message:

Cannot base a style on a style of different type.

I don't think the problem is that the CSS is external, but more that there is some complex CSS construct in it. The baseUri is set correctly, since it works if I set it to a wrong value, but then all Images are missing and the layout is all messed up.

Example Sites:

www.supertext.ch

www.doodle.ch

Any Ideas? Does the PDF component use the same functionality or is there a chance it would work it?

Thanks

Remy

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Regarding Apsose.Pdf, I cannot be definitely sure that they support external CSS. You should contact Aspose.Pdf team regarding this question or try it out yourself.

Best regards.

I've tried it out, does not work either. Same message.

Is there a Error Code associated with this problem? And maybe a timeline?

Hi

Thanks for your request. The issue is already resolved in the current codebase. The fix will be included into the next hotfix, which will be released in few weeks. You will be notified.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 12231) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.