OpenType Fonts Are Not Being Embedded In PDF

I am testing Word to PDF conversions. I have no problem with TrueType fonts being correctly embedded in the output PDF as long as the fonts are installed on the machine where Aspose.Words is running. OpenType fonts however are never embedded in the PDF. Here is the code I am using for conversion:

PdfOptions opt = new PdfOptions();
opt.setTrueTypeFontsFolder("/usr/share/fonts/ttf");

Document doc = new Document("/tmp/input.doc", LoadFormat.AUTO, "");
doc.saveToPdf(0, doc.getPageCount(), "/tmp/output.pdf", opt);

There is no setOpenTypeFontsFolder method on PdfOptions so I am assuming that the OpenType fonts should live in the same directory as the TrueType fonts.

I have attached a zip file containing the example .doc and .otf file as well as the output.pdf I am seeing which does not contain the correct font. Am I missing something such as the correct place to put the .otf files? The platform I am using is RHEL4.

Thanks,
Andrew

Hello

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Any update on this problem? Am I correct that the opentype fonts should live in the same directory as the TrueType fonts?

Thanks,
Andrew

Hello

Thanks for your request. Yes, OpenType fonts should be in the same directory as TrueType fonts.
Currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 19258) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.