Optimal settings for code 39 print- scan and recognize

I just licensed Aspose.barcode for a specific project involving document management. So this is my first post - support request. I need to print a code 39 standard barcode (using builder) somewhere on a letter size (8.5 x 11 inch) page using a typical laser printer. That page will serve as a cover / identifier page on top of a paper document which will subsequently be scanned in by a typical industrial MFC to a pdf document file. The resulting pdf file will then be opened (by Aspose.pdf) and the first page (having the barcode) will be fed to barcode recognition for reading. I am looking for advice with regard to the various builder settings, i.e. xDimension, barcode height, etc. for generating the barcode image that will be printed on the cover page, and the available reader recognition settings. I want to adjust the printed barcode dimension and other attributes of the barcode so that it optimizes recognition accurary from the scanned image. The code text will be from 8 to about 30 characters in length. Thanks in advance for your assistance. -Steve

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your interest in our Aspose.BarCode product.

Aspose.BarCode for .NET allows developers to quickly and easily add barcode generation and recognition functionality to their Microsoft .NET applications. You can also repeat barcode generation and recognition process. Based on your query, I would like to update you that you can generate code 39 standard barcode with appropriate character length. Please check the online barcode generation link below:

The ideal resolution for recognition purposes is 300dpi and more. If the image has lower resolution than you may lead to scan failure. Also, Aspose.BarCode for .NET provides better and faster barcode recognition using image processing techniques. MedianSmoothing removes the noise from the image while preserving the image edges. Please visit the documentation link below:

I will suggest you to go through the documentation here:

In addition, there are some evaluation limitations. You can avoid evaluation limitations by applying a valid license. You can find suitable articles on applying a license:

Please let us know for further assistance and comments.