Order data grouped with smart marker

I am using an Excel template and attempting to use two smart markers together, ascending:1,group:repeat, but this doesn’t work. Although the grouping is applied, the ordering is not. I would like the data to be ordered first, then grouped.

I am aware that I can order the data before passing it to Aspose, or by order using a DataSorter, but these options don’t fully solve my problem, because I want to order and group by different columns on different sheets.

Please advise how I can use the smart markers ascending:1 and group:repeat together.

@olifarago
Please your template file and excepted file? We will chek them soon.

Order-group smart markers (268589).zip (26.5 KB)

Please find attached:

1. The template.
  2. The current output.
  3. The expected output.

I have been able to work around this problem by parsing the template and ordering the data, based on the smart markers, before it’s passed to Aspose, but this approach obviously has limitations. It would be good if Aspose could support ordering and grouping at the same time, based on smart markers.

@olifarago,

Thanks for the sample files.

We need to evaluate your issue/requirements in details. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-53833

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

@olifarago
Group marker does not support sorting feature for performance.
Please sort data by yourself first.