OST file process throws "The File appears to be corrupted"

Hi,

I am using Aspose.Email version 6.3.0.0 to process the OST files. While processing one of the OST file I am getting “The File appears to be corrupted” exception in “GetSubfolders()” function call. i have attached the code snippet for your reference.

But the OST is converted to PST without any issue.

Please guide me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Dhivya

Hi Dhivya,

Thank you for writing to Aspose Support team.

Could you please confirm to us if the problematic OST file opens fine with any other commercially available software? Please share the same OST file with us so that we can analyze the issue at our end and assist you further.

PS: Aspose.EMail v 6.3.0.0 is quite an old version now. Please download the latest version of the API i.e. 16.12.0 and check if it solves your issue.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried with 16.12.0 version API. Getting same exception.

I am unable to share the test data due to security reason. But while processing when it reached the “Shared Data” folder, that time only I am receiving this exception.

I have opened my ost using “Kernal OST Viewer” successfully. I can see all the folders except “Shared Data” folder which is causing issue.

Also in “Deleted ItemFolder” while reading messages getting “EndOfStreamException”.

Please let me know whether the above mentioned detail will help you to identify the route cause.

Thanks,
Dhivya

Hi Dhivya,

We are sorry but without the sample OST file, we’ll not be able to investigate the problem and assist you further. The sample file is necessary for further investigation at our end. We have marked this thread as Private and now you can share the sample OST file with us without worrying about it being accessed by other forum members. We’ll look into it for assisting you further.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

The sample OST is 15GB file. I will get approval and share you the sample for your investigation.

Thanks,
Dhivya

Hi Dhivya,

Sure. Once you are able to share the file with us, we’ll investigate the issue at our end for assisting you further. Also, please make sure to share a sample running code with us that we can use to observe the issue at our end.