Ost to pst conversion is not supporting for 2013 OST files

Dear Team,

I have used the trial aspose.email dll, it is working fine but it is not
converting 2013 version OST to PST. If i go for full version (purchase Developer OEM license) will it work for latest versions or not. Please confirm.

NOTE: I would like to convert all versions of OST files to PST (98-2002,2003-2010,2013…). Will the full version aspose.email.dll support or not.

Please reply as i am eagerly waiting for response.

Thanks
Durga BoseKumar

Hi Durga,

Thank you for considering Aspose.Email.

This is not actually evaluation version limitation of Aspose.Email. The OST format in Outlook 2013 was significantly changed and there hasn’t been any open specification available yet for this format which is the reason why we are not able to provide the support for OST 2013 format in near future.

We already have an enhancement feature with id: NETWORKNET-34087 logged in our issue tracking system for supporting this feature. I have also linked this thread with the logged ticket so that once the feature is available, you’ll be notified here via this thread. If you have any further query/inquiry with respect to Aspose.Email, please feel free to write to us.

Dear Team,

As per the response you guys are not providing any support for OST 2013 format in near future.
If we purchase the email.dll file will you support OST 2013 now or not.

Thanks
Durga Bosekumar

Hi Durga,

The support for OST 2013 format is subject to the availability of open specifications for this format. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem that Microsoft has any such intentions for providing these as can be found in this MSDN link and, hence, we won’t be able to implement this feature. If you have any other query/inquiry in this regard, please feel free to write to us.

Dear Team,

Actually my requirement is to convert 2013 OST files to PST, is there any other way to perform this activity. If you guys have any such facility then let me know. Here I am not expecting support for long time also (<6 months). Please suggest if any other chances.

Thanks
Durga

Hi Durga,

We are sorry but at present, our API can’t help you in this regard due to the unavailability of the open specifications for implementation of this feature, nor there is any other work around method available to achieve the same.

Hi team,
I want to know about 2013 version OST to PST,

@pradeepnegi

You may use the following code sample for converting OST to PST:

string dataDir = RunExamples.GetDataDir_Outlook();

// Load the Outlook file
string path = dataDir + "PersonalStorage.pst";

// Get the Display Name of the file
using (PersonalStorage ost = PersonalStorage.FromFile(path))
{
    ost.SaveAs(dataDir + "ConvertOSTToPST_out.pst", FileFormat.Pst);
}

Moreover, you may find more details at the link given below:
https://docs.aspose.com/display/emailnet/Read+and+Convert+Outlook+OST+File

Hi team,
Is there any updates regarding Ost 2016 file formats, is aspose.Email for java support Ost files of 2016 version.

@pradeepnegi

Thank you for writing back to us.

Aspose.Email supports OST 2016 version. If you are facing any issue in this regard then please share sample file with us and we will definitely look into it.

in this link you had mentioned that ost to pst conversion not support 2013/2016 version.

@pradeepnegi

We are working on it and it is not fully supported yet. However, you may share sample file for which you are facing any issue and we will look into it. We will surely provide the support and implement the required features if possible.