Out Of Memory Error - GC full

Hi,

I try to run the report which has around 40MB dat file with the heapsize increased 512m but I am getting the out of memory error after 70,000+ rows.Every sheet should fill the 65000 rows (around 8 sheets of data in that dat file).But after starting the second sheet the GC is getting full.I tried with several GC tununig command but it not working.

Is there any row limits or minimum memory requirements to run the application using aspose api?

Is there any way to save the workbook inbetween (after every sheet) and clean the memory?

thanks

Satish M

Hi Satish,

No, there is not any row limits enforced by Aspose.Cells for Java whatsoever. The row limits are different and enforced by the different versions of MS Excel (97-2003 and 2007). If you use .xls file format, MS Excel 97-2003 would restrict you to 65K rows only where as MS Excel 2007 (.xlsx file format) provides you 1048576 rows. Moreover, you can have as many sheets in a single workbook (xls or xlsx formats) as you want and as long as your memory allows this.

Could you try the latest fix attached @: https://forum.aspose.com/t/81924

If you still find any problem, we appreciate if you could create a sample console code, so that we may test it to find the issue.

Thank you.